What is PlanCheck?
Identification of mistakes, omissions and problems on the drawings or in
the schedule of finishes before any work commences. This can save
money, time and the nightmare of a dispute between you and the designer
or builder, who will be reliant on the documents you give them.
Who does it?
A trained designer or architect with extensive knowledge of problem
areas in the building process.
Consumers and builders often assume that their drawings and
specification are complete and accurate. This may not be the case, even
when dealing with architects and experienced designers.
- Is the entry hall width adequate?
- Does the head height above the stairs to the basement or attic
- Has basement waterproofing been included?
- Is an exhaust fan shown for an internal bathroom.
- Is the right paint specified?
- Have you unnecessarily increased the risk of a future termite
- How much is the builder entitled to charge for unexpected
problems, such as rock excavation?