What is a Brand New Property Report?
A Brand New Property Report details:
- the main issues which you will need to get the owner's contractor to fix up
- the certificates we recommend you ask for
- the little irritating things you need to be told about such as badly scratched glass, cracked tiles, sloppy workmanship.
Armed with the information contained in the Report you can choose to:
- live with the problems
- ask the owner to get his contractor to fix or complete his work
- walk away from any really poorly built building.
Who does it?
Building Consultants are normally engaged to conduct Brand New Property Reports.
How long does it take to prepare?
Written Reports are available within 72 hours of inspection.
Many buyers think they do not need to arrange a property inspection for new or recently completed or renovated properties. This is certainly
not our experience. If you don't identify the problems prior to purchase, you will face considerable difficulty and cost getting the contractor
to fix them in the future even if you have checked they have mandatory home warranty insurance.
To make sure you are getting reasonable quality and what you are paying for. Every year hundreds of thousands of buildings are constructed
or renovated without any professional quality assurance. This means you take a risk that the new work you are buying is unfinished or needs
Which types of properties are inspected?
Every type of new property requires thorough inspection including:
- major renovations
- owner built projects
- commercial properties