What is a Sinking Fund Assessment?
Sinking Fund levies should be
set at levels to suit each individual building depending upon the
quality or image the proprietors want to achieve.
well known for their plain English reporting of what is often complex
technical information and can inspect the property and can provide a
clear picture of the overall requirements for the building.
Who does it?
Tyrrells Building Consultants who have a building or
architectural background and strata maintenance experience. They assess
the components of your building individually and realistically. This
generally results in reduced long-term maintenance costs.
How long does it take to prepare?
A written Report is available within 2 to 3 working days of inspection.
To provide with a
levy which you can spend on all likely maintenance and replacement.
Too often we see levies being set arbitrarily high. For example,
- an aluminium roof will NOT need replacement like a zincalume roof.
And spot coating of corrosion can extend the life of the same zincalume
roof by up to 20 years
- fitting cheap weather protection to the top and bottom of external
solid core doors can extend their life indefinitely.
Which types of properties are inspected?
Strata or company
titled properties where owners are responsible to keep the property
Why use Tyrrells' Strata Division
for Your Sinking Fund Assessments?
Tyrrells can give you:
- Dedicated Strata Division focused on strata legislation and issues
and their impact on proprietors and Strata Managers
- Large database with thousands of records of property maintenance
work to check and guide all findings and assumptions
- Careful condition based assessment of the building components
- Comprehensive Sinking Fund Assessment and financial forecasting
- Plain English, easily understood and actioned Reports
- Industry leading publications within the Strata industry.