The neglect of property maintenance costs Australians hundreds of millions of dollars every year.
Building managers, Organisations & Body Corporates have a duty to keep their buildings safe and in a reasonable condition. Often, they are not aware of the actual condition of the building and have tolerated ineffective band-aid building work.
Recent legal cases mean these entities can now be sued if the property is unsafe or neglected, and timely maintenance can often be a fraction of the cost of major repairs or replacement.
Our experts allow us to combine additional advice in the same visit such as a Timber Pests, Asbestos Identification, Fire Safety & OHS/Safety Inspection & with the engagement of specialists, services such as electrical, mechanical & plumbing.
Tyrrells have prepared hundreds of assessments on complex & heritage listed assets to a range of government, not for profit & private entities such as:
- Aboriginal Hostel Limited Project – National Asset Management programme, 55x Class 3 & 5 sites (Commonwealth Government organisation)
- Presbyterian Church – 10 year Maintenance programme to 14x Aged Care & Independent Living Villages including engineering services assessment (Mechanical, Fire, Electrical & Hydraulic)
- Sydney Grammar School – 10 year Maintenance programme to 4x campuses, rowing club & sporting facilities including detailed roof audits & assessment with a drone
- National Parks & Wildlife – 10 year Maintenance programme to many cottages including trade services assessment (electrical & plumbing)
- Waratah Private Hospital – 10 year Maintenance programme + Asbestos/Lead Paint Identification & Management plan (James Laws House)
- Disability Trust – 10 year Maintenance programme to numerous residential detached properties across NSW
- Aurecon – Long Term Cyclical Maintenance programme (+100 year, repair or replace assessment) to multiple Defence force sites (Richmond, Williamstown, Holsworthy, Randwick, Moorebank, Garden Island & Parramatta)
- Salvation Army – 10 Year Maintenance programme to East Coast Australia sites (Short & Long term accomodation, retail & commercial office) incorporating Fire Safety, BCA Compliance review & Scope Of Work
- Norah Head Lighthouse Heritage Trust – 10 Year Maintenance Programme & Heritage Impact Statement
Our Asset Management & Maintenance Reports typically:
- provide prioritised maintenance, repair &/or replacement advice
- highlight items and issues requiring urgent attention &,
- provide cost estimates for all items if required.
At Tyrrells we have a team of specialist consultants, who all have building and timber pest qualifications and extensive experience with maintenance problems, to assist you with understanding:
The condition of all major materials and components
Fire safety problems
Maintenance issues you need to investigate further.
A written Report is available within 7 to 10 working days of inspection.
Builders are working hard to build well but there are so many groups gouging and…...
Asbestos Compliance Owners Corporations face on the spot fines of up to $33,000 per breach…...
Fire isolated stairs are constructed mainly for use in emergencies. The Building Code of Australia…...
Termites are a concern in the Australian building industry, but separating popular beliefs from hard…...
Did you know that Tyrrells can advise you on Emergency Management? Australian Standard AS 3745…...
Mistakes to avoid when building/renovating Australians are trading their homes less often. Times are tough…...