If you are involved in a dispute that has become a litigious matter, Tyrrells can assist you with independent Advice, suitable for use in the NSW Civil Administrative Tribunal (NCAT), or the Courts.
Expert Reports are compiled in specific forms and typically include a Scott Schedule & photographic or other evidence annexed that has been relied upon such as a contract & plans. It will also contain the Expert’s CV, a statement relating to their experience & ability to provide expert opinion and their agreement to comply with the Expert Witness Code of Conduct in the relevant jurisdiction.
- answer specific questions or instructions
- identify and analyse the main issues including defective & incomplete work
- can often include cost estimates to assist you in quantifying your claim
- require the Expert Witness to collect evidence &
- is prepared in a form acceptable to the person, Tribunal or Court.
In a small number of cases, experts may need to attend the hearing in the Court or Tribunal as your Expert Witness.